Call for Teams – Second Annual 48-hour Queermunity Theatre Race!
Persephone Theatre is excited to announce the Second ANNUAL 48-hour Queermunity Theatre Race!
It’s your time to shine! Everyone in the Saskatoon Queer community (2SLGBTQIA+ and their allies) are invited to celebrate Pride Month at Persephone! Get your friends or coworkers together and submit a team application by April 24. The lights will go up on five original Queer-inspired plays on Persephone’s Backstage Stage on Saturday, June 3 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday June 4 at 2 p.m. in front of a live audience!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Submit your team application below before or on April 24, 2023.
- The Queermunity Selection Committee will choose up to five teams, to be announced May 8, 2023.
- June 1-3, 2023– selected teams will create, rehearse, and perform a 10-15 minute original play in celebration of Pride Month.
- Teams will receive a $250 honorarium to spend as they choose. For example: to pay each team member for their time; buy costumes, props, or food; donate to a Queer friendly organization.
Teams must be in attendance for the following:
- June 1 at 4 p.m. – Media Launch
Meet the teams and receive inspiration packages that will include a prop, a line of text, and a sound cue that they must incorporate into their play. Then the countdown begins! The teams will have 48 hours to create and rehearse their play.
- June 2 at 3 p.m. – Teams submit a rough draft of their scripts
- June 3 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.– each team will receive a 45 minutes technical rehearsal
- June 3 at 7:30 p.m. & June 4 at 2 p.m. – Show time!
- All team members must fully support and celebrate the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- Team members do not have to be professional performers in order to participate, but performers are welcome to apply.
- Team members can be 14+ years old. Any team member 18 and under would need guardian permission to take part.
- To ensure a safe and inclusive experience all participants will be asked to sign on to Persephone Theatre’s Anti-Discrimination policies prior to receiving their inspiration package. Read the policies here.