Open Stage: Call for Submissions
Welcome to The Persephone Theatre’s virtual Open Stage!
Persephone Theatre’s Open Stage is a virtual performance platform where Saskatoon’s performing artists will shine! During these bizarre times Persephone wants to open up a performance space where artists are free to express themselves, their way on their terms – for an audience of thousands!
We want to see YOUR: one – act plays, excerpts of new work, dance pieces, drag performances, cabaret numbers, spoken word and much, much more.
The third Thursday of every month there will be a free online stream, by Bamboo Shoots, showcasing your work with full credit and creative control!
How this works:
- Submit your ideas or scripts to us along with an estimated length and if selected we will help you make it happen!
- Logistics will be adapted to each proposal’s unique needs
- Slots will be allocated on a first come first served basis until an hour of content is reached
- You must live in Saskatoon… we want to feature our local community on our national platform!
Successful Submissions Will Receive:
- Support in producing your piece: space, equipment, dramaturgy, direction etc…
- Each selected group will receive an artist fee of $200.
- 150 word summary of your piece (identifying areas where support from Persephone will be required)
- Resume or description of your experience with your art form
Deadlines and Show Dates:
Episode 2 – May 20.
Proposals must be submitted by May 3.
Episode 3 PRIDE! (With Out Saskatoon and Saskatoon Pride) – June 17.
Proposals must be submitted by May 31.
Episode 4 – July 22.
Proposals must be submitted by July 8.