Call for Board Members
Persephone Theatre, a leading theatrical institution in the City of Saskatoon, is seeking experienced, enthusiastic, resourceful, and engaged Board Members.
Persephone sits amidst an increasingly vibrant city centre where its busy mainstage, studio stage, and rehearsal halls; to its theatre school and youth programming; and the many events held in its venue, have established Persephone Theatre as a cultural hub.
The volunteer Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, governance, establishes policy, oversees the operations and financial performance of Persephone Theatre, and assesses the Board’s own effectiveness. Our Board Members may serve on several committees, including:
- Nominations & Governance
- Human Resources
Persephone Theatre is looking for individuals with the following interests and skill sets:
- Finance & Accounting (CPA)
- Fundraising and Development
- Information Technology
- Fine or Performing Arts
- Human Resources
- Facilities Management
- Government Relations
Persephone Theatre encourages its Board Members to engage in all areas of the not-for-profit organization and Board Members must maintain membership in Persephone Theatre through the annual purchase of a subscription or donation of at least $150. This contribution is not meant to be prohibitive and alternate arrangements can be arranged for successful candidates.
Directors are expected to:
- prepare for, attend, and participate in approximately seven board meetings per year,
- serve on at least one committee and participate actively in the work of the committee and its meetings,
- include Persephone as a top three personal philanthropic priority,
- be an activist for Persephone Theatre.
To apply, please submit:
- an expression of your interest, and
- a description of your professional experience which may be in the form of a CV or resume.
to email@example.com by July 31, 2021. Written, audio, or video submissions will all be accepted.
Short-listed applicants will be asked for references.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage applications from members of racialize groups/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.