Social Media Coordinator
POSITION: Social Media Coordinator
STATUS: Part-time, Permanent
REPORTING: Reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications
Persephone Theatre, a leading cultural institution in the City of Saskatoon, is seeking an energetic, collaborative and innovative individual to fulfill the role of Social Media Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for content creation on Persephone’s social media platforms, developing and maintaining a strong and engaging digital presence, through community engagement and social media initiatives; while working within an environment of stability, inclusivity, and sustainability that serves Persephone’s vision and mandate, as well as the Saskatoon community.
Persephone Theatre is located on the beautiful lands of Indigenous peoples who have lived here since time immemorial, including the Nêhiyawak, Nêhithawak, Anishinabek, Nakawe, Nakota, Nehinawak, Lakota, Dakota and Dene peoples. This place is also the homeland of the Métis. At Persephone, we also like to acknowledge the contributions of the Whitecap Dakota and Round Prairie Métis peoples in establishing our city of Saskatoon. Persephone Theatre is located on Treaty 6 territory and is committed to living in good relations with our Indigenous neighbours, in the spirit with which the Treaties were intended.
Persephone sits amidst an increasingly vibrant city centre and attracts a loyal and diverse audience looking for the very best in theatre experiences. From its busy MainStage, its second stage The BackStage Stage, and rehearsal halls; to its theatre school and youth programming; and the many events held in its venue, Persephone Theatre has established itself as a cultural hub. Persephone Theatre is committed to reflecting the rich diversity of our community in the stories we tell and the ways in which we undertake creating our work. We prioritize a workplace culture that centres equity, inclusion, and authentic representation. We strongly encourage submissions from those who self-identify as members of historically excluded communities, which includes (but is not limited to) those who identify as IBPoC, 2SLGBTQIA+, d/Deaf, or who have a disability or chronic illness.
The Social Media Coordinator is a key member of our marketing team. The Social Media Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications, and works collaboratively with the Marketing Associate & Graphic Designer, as well as the Artistic Director and Executive Director.
Persephone Theatre is looking for an individual who is excited to take on the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage our social media strategy with the Marketing team
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Create engaging text, image, and video content with the marketing team
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and generate excitement
- Measure social media metrics
- Work with marketing team to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with other departments
- Manage social media marketing tools and programs (Buffer, Hootsuite)
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations with patrons and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback from patrons and fans
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions
- Ability to work in a changing environment while maintaining a positive outlook
- Must be a team player, and should have a love of the theatre and the performing arts
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, new media, journalism or relevant field
- Work experience as a Social Media Coordinator an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter (X), LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media best practices
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with multi-social posting programs, such as Hootsuite
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing an asset
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Knowledge in operation of theatrical operations an asset
- Belief in Persephone Theatre’s mission, vision and values, and a commitment to reconciliation, equity, diversity and inclusion
Salary and Benefits:
- $17.00-$20.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Access to Professional Development support
This is an hourly, part-time position (up to 25 hours per week) working year-round and will require some work during evenings, weekends, and holidays, for Opening Night Performances, and other events and activities.
The ideal candidate will begin in November 2023. Exact start date to be negotiated
Please send a letter of interest and CV by email to Jodi Schellenberg, Director of Marketing & Communications [email protected] by November 17, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications are held in strict confidence. Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
If there is a potential barrier that might prevent you from being able to apply, we encourage you to let us know so we can work with you to resolve it. If you require assistance with your application, please reach Jodi Schellenberg, Director of Marketing & Communications [email protected] or by calling 306-384-2126 ext 237.
Fair and equitable employee and volunteer recruitment practices will be used at all times so that all qualified persons regardless of race, creed, age, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, nationality, ancestry, ethnic origins, family relationship, number of dependents, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, socio-economic status, or membership in a union will be considered to fill any positions that may become available within the theatre. Persephone Theatre recognizes that people experience disadvantages achieving candidacy due to systemic oppression. Our candidate search process will be deliberately mindful of under-represented groups, and aims to be cognizant of any biases that may interfere with an equitable hiring practice. Persephone Theatre’s employment goal is to hire competent, highly engaged individuals to constitute a staff and volunteer base that reflects the diversity of our community. Persephone Theatre relies on section 48 of the Saskatchewan Human Rights code to give preference to marginalized and racialized people